Northampton Borough Council
Northampton Borough Council

Please Wait


Confirm your property is within the Borough of Northampton.

Your Postcode:

Check Postcode

Please answer this short series of questions to find out how to claim

Are you living permanently at this property ?

Have you (and your partner, if you have one) been resident in the UK for at least 5 years ?

Do you (or your partner, if you have one) rent your home from a relative ?

Are you (or your partner, if you have one) a full time student ?

Are you (or your partner, if you have one) self employed ?

Do you (or your partner, if you have one) have £16,000 or more ?

Do you specifically want to claim second adult rebate on your council tax liability (not Council Tax Reduction) ?

Do you (and your partner, if you have one) have a National Insurance number ?

Are any of your household members subject to Home Office Immigration Controls ?

Do they have an immigration status that qualifies for state benefits ?

The postcode you entered is not recognised; You need contact your correct authority to claim.

Use the GOV.UK site to find your correct council.

Find your local council (GOV.UK)

You will not be able to claim as you are not a permanent resident.

You will have to complete your claim over the telephone.

Please contact the council on 0300 330 7000 to arrange a callback.

You will be able to complete your claim online.


Unfortunately there's been an error on this form.

Please call us on 0300 330 7000.

In most circumstances, if you are a working age customer and you or your partner have more than £16,000 in savings or investments, you would normally not qualify for Housing Benefit.

However, if you are not of working age and are in receipt of Pension Credit, you may still be entitled to some help.

Please ring 0300 330 7000 to book a callback with our staff.